unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Gash project active?
@ 2020-08-17 16:32 Stephen Scheck
From: Stephen Scheck @ 2020-08-17 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Hello,

Does anybody know if the Gash project is still active? Messages to the
gash-devel mailing list are bouncing.

* Gash project active?
@ 2020-08-17 17:51 Ian Kelling
From: Ian Kelling @ 2020-08-17 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: singularsyntax; +Cc: guile-user

about the bounce. I'm not aware of any problem. When exactly did you
send your message, and what did the bounce say? Try sending again, it
could have been a temporary problem.

--
Ian Kelling | Senior Systems Administrator, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: B125 F60B 7B28 7FF6 A2B7  DF8F 170A F0E2 9542 95DF

* Re: Gash project active?
@ 2020-08-17 17:55 ` Stephen Scheck
From: Stephen Scheck @ 2020-08-17 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Kelling; +Cc: guile-user

I just tried again and it bounced again. Here's what it says:

Your message wasn't delivered to gash-devel@gnu.org because the address
couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.

The response from the remote server was:

550 Previous (cached) callout verification failure

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 1:51 PM Ian Kelling <iank@fsf.org> wrote:

> about the bounce. I'm not aware of any problem. When exactly did you
> send your message, and what did the bounce say? Try sending again, it
> could have been a temporary problem.
>
> --
> Ian Kelling | Senior Systems Administrator, Free Software Foundation
> GPG Key: B125 F60B 7B28 7FF6 A2B7  DF8F 170A F0E2 9542 95DF
> https://fsf.org | https://gnu.org

* Re: Gash project active?
@ 2020-08-17 18:14   ` Ian Kelling
From: Ian Kelling @ 2020-08-17 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Scheck; +Cc: guile-user

Ahh, the problem is that you are sending to the wrong address. The
correct address is gash-devel@nongnu.org.

A gash list admin incorrectly set the list description page,
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gash-devel, to say
@gnu.org. I've corrected it.

@ 2020-08-17 19:08   ` Jan Nieuwenhuizen
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen @ 2020-08-17 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Scheck; +Cc: guile-user, Ian Kelling

Stephen Scheck writes:

Hi Stephen,

> I just tried again and it bounced again. Here's what it says:
>
> Your message wasn't delivered to gash-devel@gnu.org because the address
> couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.

That should be: gash-devel@nongnu.org

Greetings,
Janneke

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com

* Re: Gash project active?
@ 2020-08-17 19:29     ` Stephen Scheck
From: Stephen Scheck @ 2020-08-17 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Nieuwenhuizen; +Cc: guile-user, Ian Kelling

Posts to gash-devel@nongnu.org don't seem to be going anywhere, either (but
don't bounce).

@ 2020-08-17 19:50       ` Ian Kelling
From: Ian Kelling @ 2020-08-17 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Scheck; +Cc: guile-user

Stephen Scheck <singularsyntax@gmail.com> writes:

> Posts to gash-devel@nongnu.org don't seem to be going anywhere, either (but
> don't bounce).
>
> On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 3:08 PM Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> wrote:

That list hasn't seen your email address before so your email went into
the moderation queue. They are usually reviewed by the listhelper team a
few times a day. Be patient.