writes: > which has tried to be free (in both senses). For images, there is > Stable Diffusion (disclaimer:I don't know much about them). For > raw data, there's Common Crawl [3], which is Stable Diffusion's Stable diffusion has one of the most evil licenses I’ve read till now: using its images seems to be allowed for almost all proprietary uses, but illegal for free culture use. See the explicit questions about that here: https://github.com/CompVis/stable-diffusion/issues/131 A license that makes its output only usable for proprietary creations but not for free culture is like the polar opposite of the GPL or CC by-sa: making a tool that gives proprietary creations an advantage over Free Culture. Some quotes: > Does this mean that the CreativeML Open RAIL-M license makes output > from the model incompatible with copyleft Free Culture and Free > Software licenses, so it would for example be illegal to use any of > the output in Wikipedia? Is there legal uncertainty about that? … > The first thing to say is that this license is about as far away from > open source as it could possibly get. … >> "No use of the output can contravene any provision as stated in the License.". > A Japanese lawyer I know told me that, in general terms, releasing > output under the CC-BY could be a violation of the license if such a > provision exists. (* He is not familiar with this license and has not > reviewed it in detail) No answer from the developers. Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein, ohne es zu merken. draketo.de