John Cowan writes: > On Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 2:11 AM Todor Kondić wrote: > >> But, I doubt any of them would find it natural to take a step further and >> participate in GNU itself (ugh, now I sound like a preacher of a new age >> religion). To my knowledge, interaction within GNU communities is still >> mostly mailing lists and IRC. This _not_ my students' natural digital >> habitat. > The only natural digital habitat of human beings is their fingers. All > else is learned, and more can be learned at any time. There's no reason > why students ought to be so closed to new experiences. That’s true, but even though I prefer IRC to new protocols, there is much it lacks. For example showing images inline. That‘s a client-problem, but it’s real. Basically this sais that we’re the ones who are closed (often for good reason, but those reasons need to be explained). Best wishes, Arne