unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Status for guile-on-the-web?
@ 2020-10-23  6:08 divoplade
From: divoplade @ 2020-10-23  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Dear guile users,

There's a quote I love from the manual [1]:

"Finally, so much of the world’s computation is performed in web
browsers that it makes sense to ask ourselves what the Guile-on-the-
web-client story is. With the advent of WebAssembly, there may finally
be a reasonable compilation target that’s present on almost all user-
exposed devices. Especially with the upcoming proposals to allow for
tail calls, delimited continuations, and GC-managed objects, Scheme
might once again have a place in the web browser. Get to it!"

I just wanted to say that it's a sweet idea.

[1] https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Status.html

Best regards,

divoplade

* Re: Status for guile-on-the-web?