Dmitry Alexandrov writes: > Quoth (emphasis mine): > | A work released under CC0 is dedicated to the public domain to the fullest extent permitted by law. If that is not possible for any reason, CC0 also provides a *lax, permissive* license as a fallback. Both public domain works and the lax license provided by CC0 are compatible with the GNU GPL. > | > | If you want to release your non-software work to the public domain, we recommend you use CC0. > > Besides being GPL-compatible, itʼs FDL-compatible as well, while CC BY-SA is not. That information is outdated. Since 2015 cc BY-SA is one-way compatible to GPLv3: https://www.draketo.de/english/free-software/by-sa-gpl Back then I invested a lot of time to make that happen, because I required it to be able to use art from Battle for Wesnoth, Ryzom, and Wikipedia in one roleplaying book. Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein ohne es zu merken