Nala Ginrut writes: > Many folks shared great Scheme for lower-level. I think I have to clarify > that I agree that Scheme is good for low-level, depends on implementation. > But we are talking about Guile, and Guile was not designed for that > purpose, it's dedicated to extend C program, so the better choice is to > extend a C microkernel with Guile. That is what it was designed for, > originally. In recent years the scope of Guile widened in that respect, so it’s very suited to implement many more parts of the system than it was with Guile 1.x — with Guile 3 it starts to compete in performance. It might be suitable for many parts of the kernel nowadays. And the Hurd is a good way to get low level with much fewer risks than Linux kernel hacking. Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein, ohne es zu merken. draketo.de