unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* geiser release
@ 2009-05-14  0:11 Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz @ 2009-05-14  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Hi,

I've been working on a new scheme-emacs interaction thingie for a while,
and it's come to the point of being quite usable. Think of Slime for
Scheme, with Guile its best supported back-end. Although, of course,
we're not there yet, i'm hoping to improve things, perhaps based on your
criticism and feature requests :)

If you feel like giving it a try, the git incantation is

  git clone http://git.hacks-galore.org/geiser.git

Look at the README file, the only extant documentation so far, for
details (including installation instructions). I've also posted a
perfectly useless blog entry at my programming-musings.org.

Any feedback extremely welcome!

Happy hacking,
jao
--
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the
essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach,

* Re: geiser release
@ 2009-05-16 11:07 ` Neil Jerram
From: Neil Jerram @ 2009-05-16 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz; +Cc: guile-user

"Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <jao@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've been working on a new scheme-emacs interaction thingie for a while,
> and it's come to the point of being quite usable. Think of Slime for
> Scheme, with Guile its best supported back-end. Although, of course,
> we're not there yet, i'm hoping to improve things, perhaps based on your
> criticism and feature requests :)

Hi Jose,

Sounds great!  And also that it's in a similar area to GDS, so I'm
quite excited to take a look at this.

> If you feel like giving it a try, the git incantation is
>
>   git clone http://git.hacks-galore.org/geiser.git

But unfortunately:

neil@arudy:~/SW/Guile$ git clone http://git.hacks-galore.org/geiser.git
Initialized empty Git repository in /home/neil/SW/Guile/geiser/.git/
warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.

Can you help, or provide the code in another way?

Thanks,
        Neil

* Re: geiser release
@ 2009-05-16 11:18   ` Neil Jerram
From: Neil Jerram @ 2009-05-16 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz; +Cc: guile-user

Neil Jerram <neil@ossau.uklinux.net> writes:

> neil@arudy:~/SW/Guile$ git clone http://git.hacks-galore.org/geiser.git
> Initialized empty Git repository in /home/neil/SW/Guile/geiser/.git/
> warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.
>
> Can you help, or provide the code in another way?

OK, I've found
http://git.hacks-galore.org/gitweb/jao?p=geiser.git;a=summary now, so
that's fine.

       Neil

* Re: geiser release
@ 2009-05-17 18:38   ` Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz @ 2009-05-17 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Hi Neil,

Neil Jerram <neil@ossau.uklinux.net> writes:

[...]

>> If you feel like giving it a try, the git incantation is
>>
>>   git clone http://git.hacks-galore.org/geiser.git
>
> But unfortunately:
>
> neil@arudy:~/SW/Guile$ git clone http://git.hacks-galore.org/geiser.git
> Initialized empty Git repository in /home/neil/SW/Guile/geiser/.git/
> warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.
>
> Can you help, or provide the code in another way?

Sorry, i mistyped the address above; it should be:

   git clone http://git.hacks-galore.org/jao/geiser.git

Thanks!,
jao
--
You err by thinking simplicity and elegance are mostly
cosmetic.  Simplicity and elegance are overwhelmingly