olivier.dion--- via General Guile related discussions writes: > On Sun, 27 Dec 2020, Joshua Branson via General Guile related discussions wrote: >> Hey Olivier! >> >> I've heard that guile is generally faster than python, but there are >> some other schemes that are faster, notably chez scheme. > > Yes. I remember seing somewhere that Guile is much more energy > efficiant than Python. It's a shame that the latter is more popular > than the former. There are actual reasons for that popularity — part of which is awesome API uniformity throughout most of Python, another is that most people avoid Python for performance-relevant parts and instead hand over to C-extensions. And thanks to being so widely used most of its libraries already had most of their bugs ironed out. You can do the same in Guile, and thanks to the flexibility of Scheme we can graft better APIs if we’re careful to keep newcomers in mind. We’re not yet at the same level, though. Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein ohne es zu merken