Maxime Devos writes: > Blake Shaw schreef op wo 29-06-2022 om 01:34 [+0700]: >> Which brings up another thing I've been considering working on thats >> been discussed in the Guix community: the need for click-to-edit >> wiki, written in Guile. [...] > > I don't think ‘written in Guile’ has been discussed? > > Also, I don't see the point in writing our own wiki software in Guile > when there's already plenty of Wiki software in existence with lots of > tools for moderation, version control, backups, lots of testing, etc. > Why not reuse pre-existing work instead of reinventing the wheel (likely > poorly, at least at first)? There are at least two good reason for re-inventing the wheel: - learning the domain - experimenting with how the ways to a good implementation differ in another language If those were rejected out of hand, most existing wiki software would have never been written. Best wishes, Arne -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein, ohne es zu merken. draketo.de