unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* scm_gc_malloc not in stable branch
@ 2002-11-30  4:43 David Pirotte
From: David Pirotte @ 2002-11-30  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: gtrees-devel

Hello,

I am trying to use gtrees with one of the latest stable snapshot, but
get the following message:

	guile: relocation error: /usr/local/lib/libgtrees.so: undefined
	symbol: scm_gc_malloc

the symbol is effectively not in gc.c and in any other file indeed:

	david@faust:/usr/local/src/guile/guile-core-20021122 12 $ cfind scm_gc_malloc
	extern unsigned long scm_gc_malloc_collected;
	./libguile/gc.h
	unsigned long scm_gc_malloc_collected;
	  scm_gc_malloc_collected = 0;
	  scm_gc_malloc_collected = m;
	./libguile/gc.c
	david@faust:/usr/local/src/guile/guile-core-20021122 13 $

but is in the unstable branch which does define the symbol and the
function

so, should I talk to the gtree developers or is it a guile problem? am
I missing something here?

david

* Re: scm_gc_malloc not in stable branch
@ 2002-11-30  5:49 ` Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2002-11-30  5:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-user, gtrees-devel

   From: David Pirotte <david@altosw.be>
   Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 23:43:42 -0500

   so, should I talk to the gtree developers or is it a
   guile problem?  am I missing something here?

you are missing the high probability that you and the
gtrees developers share the trait of being programmers,
and the consequence of understanding that fully.  when
you find it you will ask better questions but perhaps
by then you won't need to.

thi

* Re: scm_gc_malloc not in stable branch
@ 2002-11-30 13:35 ` Marius Vollmer
From: Marius Vollmer @ 2002-11-30 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-user, gtrees-devel

David Pirotte <david@altosw.be> writes:

> so, should I talk to the gtree developers or is it a guile problem? am
> I missing something here?

You should talk to th gtree developers.  They might have made the
decision to only support the unstable Guile series (which is a
perfectly fine decision) and then you have to unstable Guile yourself.