unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* [ANN] sph command-line interface library, automatic testing and guile projects list as csv
@ 2016-03-23 23:10 tantalum
From: tantalum @ 2016-03-23 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Guile user

i am happy to announce a new version of the (sph cli) library for
command-line option parsing.
a big new feature besides general improvements is integrated support for
sub commands similar to what "git" has (git push, git pull and the
like).
the library documentation and overview can be found here:
http://sph.mn/content/49f

apart from command-line interfaces, i did something for automatic
testing. (sph test) has been rewritten and now has test modules. you can
have a look at it here:
http://sph.mn/content/97b

also, the list of guile related projects on the net is now available as
a csv download via a link on the page.
http://sph.mn/content/3e73

and while we are at it, for fun, http://sph.mn/o/bs generates weird
business software marketing headlines and topics.

* Re: [ANN] sph command-line interface library, automatic testing and guile projects list as csv
@ 2016-03-25 11:07 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2016-03-25 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: guile-user

tantalum <sph@posteo.eu> skribis:

> and while we are at it, for fun, http://sph.mn/o/bs generates weird
> business software marketing headlines and topics.

I like it.  :-)  It think it is best view with this font:
<http://www.sansbullshitsans.com/>.

Where’s the code/dictionaries?

Ludo’.

* Re: [ANN] sph command-line interface library, automatic testing and guile projects list as csv
@ 2016-03-26  0:33 jkal
From: jkal @ 2016-03-26  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: ludo; +Cc: guile-user

> I like it.  :-)  It think it is best view with this font:
> <http://www.sansbullshitsans.com/>.
:)

> Where’s the code/dictionaries?
good question, had not thought of it.
uploaded it here: http://files.sph.mn/s/computer/create-marketing-bs.scm

* Re: [ANN] sph command-line interface library, automatic testing and guile projects list as csv
@ 2016-12-21 19:34 ` Amirouche Boubekki
From: Amirouche Boubekki @ 2016-12-21 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: sph; +Cc: Guile user, guile-user-bounces+amirouche=hypermove.net

On 2016-03-24 00:10, tantalum wrote:
> i am happy to announce a new version of the (sph cli) library for
> command-line option parsing.
> a big new feature besides general improvements is integrated support
> for sub commands similar to what "git" has (git push, git pull and the
> like).
> the library documentation and overview can be found here:
> http://sph.mn/content/49f
>
> apart from command-line interfaces, i did something for automatic
> testing. (sph test) has been rewritten and now has test modules. you
> can have a look at it here:
> http://sph.mn/content/97b
>
> also, the list of guile related projects on the net is now available
> as a csv download via a link on the page.
> http://sph.mn/content/3e73

Would it be possible to have that list using an xml format that can
be consumed by search engines? Please? Maybe I can help making a patch?

> and while we are at it, for fun, http://sph.mn/o/bs generates weird
> business software marketing headlines and topics.

Fun! How did you do that?

--
Amirouche ~ amz3 ~ http://www.hyperdev.fr

* Re: [ANN] sph command-line interface library, automatic testing and guile projects list as csv
@ 2016-12-21 19:41 ` Amirouche Boubekki
From: Amirouche Boubekki @ 2016-12-21 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: sph; +Cc: Guile user, guile-user-bounces+amirouche=hypermove.net

On 2016-03-24 00:10, tantalum wrote:

[snap]

> a big new feature besides general improvements is integrated support
> for sub commands similar to what "git" has (git push, git pull and the
> like).
> the library documentation and overview can be found here:
> http://sph.mn/content/49f

This also look very promising!

---

[snack]

* Re: [ANN] sph command-line interface library, automatic testing and guile projects list as csv
@ 2016-12-22 18:09   ` tantalum
From: tantalum @ 2016-12-22 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Amirouche Boubekki; +Cc: Guile user, guile-user-bounces+amirouche=hypermove.net

> Would it be possible to have that list using an xml format that can be
> consumed by search engines?
yes. do you have a specific format in mind? i have heard of "sitemap"
format

> Fun! How did you do that?

with word lists for specific parts of speech, like this:

(define-as verb vector
   "extend" "revolutionise"
   "offer" "obtain"
   "access" "improve")

and then patterns like this:

(define patterns
     (list->vector
       (let*
         ( (source
             (list (list verb "and" verb noun "to" goal "with" adjective
noun)
               (list verb "," verb "and" verb noun)
               (list adjective noun predicative-adjective combinator
adjective noun)
               (list (random-choice "" verb goal-prefix) adjective
                 adjective noun (random-choice "" noun noun))
               (list verb "your" adjective noun "and" verb adjective
noun)
               (list verb noun predicative-adjective "and" verb adjective
noun predicative-adjective)
               (list (random-choice verb goal) noun
                 predicative-adjective combinator noun combinator
adjective noun predicative-adjective)
               (list verb "and" verb adjective adjective noun)
               (list noun noun combinator noun predicative-adjective)))
           (source+goal
             (map (l (e) (if (eq? verb (first e)) (append e (list "and"
goal)) e)) source)))
         (append source source+goal))))

the patterns are then used to create sentences with words selected from
the lists they contain. the words are selected in random order and with
making sure that a word has not already been used in the same sentence.

here is the source code:

@ 2016-12-22 19:11     ` Amirouche Boubekki
From: Amirouche Boubekki @ 2016-12-22 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: sph; +Cc: Guile user, guile-user-bounces+amirouche=hypermove.net

On 2016-12-22 19:09, tantalum wrote:
>> Would it be possible to have that list using an xml format that can be
>> consumed by search engines?
> yes. do you have a specific format in mind? i have heard of "sitemap"
> format

I was thinking about sitemap indeed.

--

@ 2016-12-22 19:42       ` tantalum
From: tantalum @ 2016-12-22 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Amirouche Boubekki; +Cc: Guile user, guile-user-bounces+amirouche=hypermove.net

on https://www.sitemaps.org/protocol.html it says:

"Also, all URLs in a Sitemap must be from a single host, such as
www.example.com or store.example.com. For further details, refer the
Sitemap file location" (https://www.sitemaps.org/protocol.html#location)

since all urls in the list are to external hosts it does not seem as if
this would be valid.
maybe i can extend the html with structured data annotations instead
http://schema.org/SoftwareApplication. i would think search engines can
do well with html.
i will probably implement this at some point.

@ 2016-12-23 17:48         ` Amirouche Boubekki
From: Amirouche Boubekki @ 2016-12-23 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: sph; +Cc: Guile user, guile-user-bounces+amirouche=hypermove.net

On 2016-12-22 20:42, tantalum wrote:
> on https://www.sitemaps.org/protocol.html it says:
>
> "Also, all URLs in a Sitemap must be from a single host, such as
> www.example.com or store.example.com. For further details, refer the
> Sitemap file location"
> (https://www.sitemaps.org/protocol.html#location)
>
> since all urls in the list are to external hosts it does not seem as
> if this would be valid.
> maybe i can extend the html with structured data annotations instead
> http://schema.org/SoftwareApplication. i would think search engines
> can do well with html.
> i will probably implement this at some point.

Yeah, you are right. I can parse the html to get the links. Even
the csv can be used.

Thanks.