Hi! To reall, curentlly, guile-dbi use dlopen to load its backends. So, for Guix we have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH, which is not desired. > [...] > (me:) >> I think it will be great to introduce a new search path (eg: GUILE_DBD_PATH) >> in addition to LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Find the absolute so filepath in it >> ourself, then pass to dlopen. > > (ludo:) > Why not, but then it would be redundant with LD_LIBRARY_PATH and > LTDL_LIBRARY_PATH, which would further complicate the search rules. > Yeah, but I just learn that libltdl has a convenient function to do this.. So, here are patches for using libltdl and a new search path: