unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* [ANN] srt2vtt 0.1 released
@ 2015-02-07 22:40 David Thompson
From: David Thompson @ 2015-02-07 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

srt2vtt is a simple command-line tool that converts SubRip formatted
subtitles to WebVTT format for use with the HTML5 <track> tag.  It is
written in pure Guile Scheme.

I wrote this software to handle converting the growing number of
translations of the FSF's new "User Liberation"[0] video from SRT to
WebVTT format so that visitors could see the subtitles in their native
language from the comfort of their web browser.  The only pre-existing,
easy-to-use software that I found to do this was SaSS, and the
underlying source code (which is free) is written in PHP and has no CLI.
So, I decided that the world needed something better. :)

It has worked well enough for my needs thus far.  I hope that it may be
useful to someone else.

The 0.1 source release can be found at
<http://dthompson.us/releases/srt2vtt/srt2vtt-0.1.tar.gz>.

The home page for srt2vtt can be found at
<http://dthompson.us/pages/software/srt2vtt.html>.

Happy hacking, fellow Guilers!

[0] https://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/user-liberation-watch-and-share-our-new-video#info

--
David Thompson
Web Developer - Free Software Foundation - http://fsf.org

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-02-07 22:40 UTC | newest]