Andy Wingo writes: > On Sat 21 Jan 2017 12:55, Alex Vong writes: > >> However, when running the external program "yes" in guile, >> >> $ guile -c '(system* "yes")' >> >> We cannot terminate the process by pressing C-c, > > Indeed I can reproduce this! > >> but we can suspend it by pressing C-z. > > I believe the C-z is handled by the shell, not Guile; AFAIU. > > I don't know how this should work (mechanics) but I agree with you that > probably it should! > I've just checked, a python equivalence of the above command works: $ python -c 'import subprocess; subprocess.call("yes")' Maybe some ideas can be extracted from it. > Andy