unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* xgettext -L Scheme
@ 2005-04-15 10:38 David Pirotte
From: David Pirotte @ 2005-04-15 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

	[I am new to gettext and xgettext usage]

following packages installed:

david@faust:~ 5 $ dpkg -l | grep gettext
ii  gettext        0.14.3-1       GNU Internationalization utilities
ii  gettext-base   0.14.3-1       GNU Internationalization utilities for the b
ii  gettext-doc    0.14.3-1       Documentation for GNU gettext
ii  gettext-el     0.14.3-1       Emacs po-mode for editing .po files

I copied the hello.scm file from Bruno Haible [i18n, gettext support]
guile-devel archived message, but when I run xgettext, it seems it does
recognise scheme?

	xgettext -L Scheme -o hello.pot hello.scm
	; does not produce any output, no hello.pot file

	xgettext -a -L Scheme -o hello.pot hello.scm
hello.scm:11: warning: Empty msgid.  It is reserved by GNU gettext:
                       gettext("") returns the header entry with
                       meta information, not the empty string.

	; seems to produce too many entries, apparently any string
	; in the input file

am I missunderstanding something here?

thanks
david

* Re: xgettext -L Scheme
@ 2005-04-16  0:11 ` Kevin Ryde
From: Kevin Ryde @ 2005-04-16  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-user

David Pirotte <david@altosw.be> writes:

> am I missunderstanding something here?

I had to add "--keyword=_" to xgettext when using _ as an alias for
gettext.  Dunno if that's meant to be builtin.