unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* calling.scm
@ 2007-09-29 16:07 Klaus Schilling
From: Klaus Schilling @ 2007-09-29 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

there are some absurditiies in ice9/calling.scm.
e.g. in several places variable names are passed to
gensym. If the variable names are symbols, you get
a wrong-type error as gensym expexts strings as an argument.
If the variable names are written as strings,
you run into a bad-variable-name error, as in some places
these variable names are first arguments to set! , hence have
to be symbols.
I don't understand yet what the functions in calling.scm
are supposed to do, thus can't fix it, and the comments in
calling.scm are too vague, and the guilr-ref refuses
to document them.

Klaus Schilling

* Re: calling.scm
@ 2007-10-01  1:16 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2007-10-01  1:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Hi,

Klaus Schilling <schilling.klaus@web.de> writes:

> I don't understand yet what the functions in calling.scm
> are supposed to do, thus can't fix it, and the comments in
> calling.scm are too vague, and the guilr-ref refuses
> to document them.

Given their name, I vaguely understand what they're supposed to do, but
I think they're not used much (not at all?), as evidenced by your
report.  We might want to just remove it in 1.9.  Unless you provide a
patch?  :-)

Thanks,
Ludovic.