unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Mentoring who's who?
@ 2018-08-31 18:00 Amirouche Boubekki
From: Amirouche Boubekki @ 2018-08-31 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guile User

Please reply to this email with details such:

- mentor / mentoree
- GMT+n
- programming experience
- interests

* Re: Mentoring who's who?
@ 2018-09-01 16:32 ` Joshua Branson
From: Joshua Branson @ 2018-09-01 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Amirouche Boubekki <amirouche.boubekki@gmail.com> writes:

> Please reply to this email with details such:
>
> - mentor / mentoree
> - GMT+n
> - programming experience
> - interests
- Mentoree

- GMT?  Greenwich Mean time?  I'm on central time in the U.S...

- program experience:  HTML, CSS, MYSQL, PHP, javascript, some guile,
  some C

- interests:

  Contribute to an freedom respecting Parabola-like distro that runs on
  the GNU/Hurd and uses guix as the package manager and the shepherd as
  the init system.

* Re: Mentoring who's who?
@ 2018-09-02  7:31   ` tomas
From: tomas @ 2018-09-02  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joshua Branson; +Cc: guile-user

* Re: Mentoring who's who?
@ 2018-09-11  7:13 ` jeremy
From: jeremy @ 2018-09-11  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amirouche Boubekki; +Cc: Guile User, guile-user

Le 2018-08-31 20:00, Amirouche Boubekki a écrit :
> Please reply to this email with details such:
>
> - mentor / mentoree
> - GMT+n
> - programming experience
> - interests

Hello Guilers !

I'm from the mentoree crew.
UTC/GMT+2 (Around Paris, France)

About 4 years of programming experience in lot of fields...

Embedded programming (C and ASM on MCU), Java, Ada, Javascript, and more
recently Guile and Rust !

I would like to discover GNU system programming and I think C + Guile
are a good toolkit to do that (Hurd, Guix).
Also I pretty like the "Clean Code" stuff around OOP and I would like to
discover the functional side of it (the patterns, good practices,
etc...) to get the power you see?
Pretty motivated to contribute to projects, even one of my hypothetical
mentor.

Keep in touch !
Happy Hacking