unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
From: Neil Jerram <neil@ossau.uklinux.net>
To: Andrew Gaylard <ag@computer.org>
Cc: guile-user@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Valgrind warnings with -1.8.6
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 22:25:31 +0100	[thread overview]

Andreas Rottmann <a.rottmann@gmx.at> writes:

> Andrew Gaylard <ag@computer.org> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm linking with libguile on Linux, built from source, to extend my
>> C application with Scheme. I'm seeing a lot of warnings from
>> valgrind.  The same warnings appear when using Guile standalone.
>> Should I be worried?
>>
> No, this is normal AFAIK. The garbage collector in Guile messes up
> valgrind. At some point, I had a working suppression file for that, but
> it's likely to be bitrotted into unusability.

That is fundamentally true; however, we have recently addressed some
genuine Valgrind warnings in the 1.8.x development branch.  Those fixes
will show up if/when we release a 1.8.7, but in the meantime you may
like to look at the 1.8.x branch in Git, to see if any of the warnings
fixed match the ones that you are seeing.

      Neil