Hello, I'm pleased to announce Guile State Machine Compiler (Guile-SMC), version 0.2.0: https://github.com/artyom-poptsov/guile-smc/releases/tag/v0.2.0 I'm hoping that it will ease the burden of writing format parsers and other useful GNU Guile libraries for the community. * What is Guile-SMC? Guile-SMC is a state machine compiler that allows to describe finite state machines (FSMs) in Scheme in terms of transition tables. It is capable to generate such transition tables from a PlantUML state diagrams. [1] A transition table can be verified and checked for dead-ends and infinite loops. Also Guile-SMC FSMs gather statistics when they run. Guile-SMC comes with a Scheme program called 'smc' -- a state machine compiler itself. It produces a Scheme code for an FSM from the PlantUML format. This tool is meant to be called on a PlantUML file when a program with a FSM is being built (for example, from a Makefile.) * Usage examples I wrote an INI[2] format parser to test the foundation ideas behind Guile-SMC from the practical perspective: https://github.com/artyom-poptsov/guile-ini Happy hacking, - Artyom References: 1: https://plantuml.com/state-diagram 2: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INI_file -- Artyom "avp" Poptsov CADR Hackerspace co-founder: https://cadrspace.ru/ GPG: D0C2 EAC1 3310 822D 98DE B57C E9C5 A2D9 0898 A02F