unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
From: Mike Gran <spk121@yahoo.com>
To: Guile User <guile-user@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: What new libraries or functionality does Guile need?
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 11:38:56 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

Julian-
There are a couple of ways to do HTTP client stuff already.
TTN's Guile-WWW will do http GET.  It has the advantage of being very schemey.
Depending on you Guile setup, it may need modification.  Last time I tried to use it some time ago, it back-ported (fore-ported?) easily enough.  IIRC there was some little thing about macros that needed to be simplified to get it to work.  I don't remember exactly.  It doesn't (or perhaps didn't) do POST, though.
Alternately, Guile-GNOME has the Gnome-vfs interface wrapped.  This does some http client stuff.
I think either of these would be enough for simple things.
But in terms of more featureful libraries that could be adapted/wrapped, I rather like libcurl.  Bigloo scheme has bindings for this one.  It does all the LDAP and https stuff.
But then again libcurl doesn't do webdav.
The neon client library does do webdav.
-Mike Gran