unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Advice on ST-Object data-structure setup
@ 2024-04-16 21:14 ken.dickey
From: ken.dickey @ 2024-04-16 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Greetings,

I am looking at porting a toy Smalltalk-in-Scheme implementation to
Guile.

[Note https://github.com/KenDickey/Crosstalk ].

The idea is for simplicity first, then making into a module and
potentially evolving Smalltalk into a supported, compiled ",language" in
the Guile way.

The first bit of business is to get the mechanics working.  For this I
need to have an St-Object which is basically a Vector but which answers
#false to vector? and #true to st-object?

[Note https://github.com/KenDickey/Crosstalk/blob/master/st-kernel.scm ]

I note that one might change the T7 type-tag from 0x0d (vector) to 0x6d
(currently unused) with a quick bitwise-or, but would like some advice
on the best way to do this or some alternate.  I would prefer to work in
Scheme, not C, BTW.

Any hints appreciated.

Thanks much,
-KenD