unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
From: Zelphir Kaltstahl <zelphirkaltstahl@posteo.de>
To: Mike Gran <spk121@yahoo.com>
Cc: Guile User <guile-user@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: new maintainers for guile libs
Date: Thu,  1 Jul 2021 10:58:18 +0000	[thread overview]

Hello Mike!

I would like to try and maintain a library. However, these all seem to be FFI
libs. I have only basic C knowledge from having to use it at university and I
used some C89 as compile flag of gcc. I have never really used any FFI stuff. So
I would aim for the simplest project in that regard.

Perhaps I should look at guile-aspell and try to get an understanding of the
code and what the involved concepts are.

If anyone has more prior knowledge and is willing to maintain, I guess that
would be a faster way, but perhaps I could still help out. I think I am quite OK
at trying to understand code and then explaining it for my future self, which
could help with maintaining projects. Only need to get into it, which is usually
the issue.

Best wishes, hope you will feel well soon!
Zelphir

--
repositories: https://notabug.org/ZelphirKaltstahl