unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Removing breakpoints/debugging stuff from CVS head
@ 2005-06-12  7:59 Neil Jerram
From: Neil Jerram @ 2005-06-12  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Would anyone object if I deleted my work on breakpoints and
debugging-in-Emacs from CVS head?  To be precise, this means deleting:

guile-core/emacs/README.GDS
guile-core/emacs/gds*
ice-9/debugger/*

and backing out some associated changes to ice-9/debugger.scm (+ NEWS,
Makefile.am etc).

The reasons are that

- the mainline of this work is now in the separate guile-debugging
project (hosted on Gna!)

- the stuff in CVS is obsolete (with respect to the guile-debugging
mainline)

- while it is still under development, it's more convenient to keep this
work in a separate project, because it means that I can target
guile-debugging releases at the most recent widely available stable
Guile (instead of trying to squeeze in the work before the next stable
core release).

Regards,
	Neil