unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* scm file parsing
@ 2019-01-04 20:53 Hamzeh Nasajpour
From: Hamzeh Nasajpour @ 2019-01-04 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Hi,
I have a configuration file that written based on `scm` file like as `guixSD` config.scm file.
https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/User-Accounts.html#User-Accounts

I want to read/write/modify this config file in python or C/C++.
Do you know any `scm` file parsing  or any other solution for my needed? In fact I want to add/remove/modify parameters of this config file.

Regards,
Hamzeh

* Re: scm file parsing
@ 2019-01-04 20:59 ` John Cowan
From: John Cowan @ 2019-01-04 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hamzeh Nasajpour; +Cc: guile-user

I don't know how well it works, but https://github.com/mjsottile/sfsexp
seems to be exactly what you want.  Googling [s-expressions parser python]
will point you to a lot of Python ones.

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 3:53 PM Hamzeh Nasajpour <h.nasajpour@pantherx.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a configuration file that written based on `scm` file like as
> `guixSD` config.scm file.
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/User-Accounts.html#User-Accounts
>

> I want to read/write/modify this config file in python or C/C++.
> Do you know any `scm` file parsing  or any other solution for my needed?
> In fact I want to add/remove/modify parameters of this config file.
>
> Regards,
> Hamzeh

* Re: scm file parsing
@ 2019-01-04 21:06 ` Roel Janssen
From: Roel Janssen @ 2019-01-04 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

On 04-01-19 21:53, Hamzeh Nasajpour wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a configuration file that written based on `scm` file like as `guixSD` config.scm file.
> https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/User-Accounts.html#User-Accounts
>

> I want to read/write/modify this config file in python or C/C++.
> Do you know any `scm` file parsing  or any other solution for my needed? In fact I want to add/remove/modify parameters of this config file.
>
> Regards,
> Hamzeh

You could use Guile's C API.  It's in Guile's reference manual.

Kind regards,
Roel Janssen