unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
From: Konrad Makowski <poczta@konradmakowski.pl>
To: Mark H Weaver <mhw@netris.org>
Cc: Guile User <guile-user@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: iconv or something like that
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 09:03:38 +0200	[thread overview]

I'm using MySQL. And figure out that if i send query: "SET NAMES utf8"
or "SET NAMES utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci" to the database (in terminal
for example) mysql converts for me charset of returned data. But if i do
the same in my guile script it reports error:
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  157: 9 [catch #t #<catch-closure 1cff400> ...]
In unknown file:
    ?: 8 [apply-smob/1 #<catch-closure 1cff400>]
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   63: 7 [call-with-prompt prompt0 ...]
In ice-9/eval.scm:
  432: 6 [eval # #]
  432: 5 [eval # #]
  387: 4 [eval # #]
  387: 3 [eval # #]
  387: 2 [eval # #]
  387: 1 [eval # #]
In unknown file:
    ?: 0 [utf8->string #vu8(80 65 87 69 163)]

ERROR: In procedure utf8->string:
ERROR: Throw to key `decoding-error' with args `("scm_from_stringn"
"input locale conversion error" 84 #vu8(80 65 87 69 163))'.

My locale say that:
LANG=pl_PL.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=pl:en
LC_CTYPE="pl_PL.UTF-8"