unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* spawn call
@ 2014-04-26 18:52 Max
From: Max @ 2014-04-26 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Hi.

I'm looking for a way to "fire and forget" external program from Guile: something
similar to spawnOnce call in Haskell.

I've tried to look through http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/guile.html and ML
archive but only found "system* arg1 arg2 …" which judging from description uses
waitpid. I need some function which does not wait for spawned program to finish but
returns immediately indicating whether it manage to start given program or not - the
spawned program might run forever for example.

Where should I look for it? Some library perhaps? Some usage examples?

cheers,
Max.