unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Problems making & installing Guile 1.4
@ 2001-08-18  7:39 Byron Hale
       [not found] ` <20020417154024.GA1274@www>
From: Byron Hale @ 2001-08-18  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

The idea of Guile seems a good one. However,
I am having practical problems on a Linux 6.2,
x86 box, making & installing Guile 1.4.

I previously installed Guile 1.3 and it operates.
However, following the instructions for the
1.4 tar.gz, I cannot see any result. Operating
as root, I ./configure and make. But, when I run
"guile -v," the result is "1.3." I then tried
"make install," but the results are not detectably
different by me.

So, what now? I need 1.4 for some other
software.

Best regards,