unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
From: Hans Aberg <haberg-1@telia.com>
To: Marco Maggi <marco.maggi-ipsu@poste.it>
Cc: guile-user@gnu.org
Subject: Re: List functions
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 12:31:47 +0100	[thread overview]

On 2 Dec 2010, at 10:57, Marco Maggi wrote:

>> I am  writing on a parser that  translates normal function
>> syntax in to Guile code.
>
> I do not know which scenario you are working with, ...

I have a Bison/Flex parser/lexer combination that writes Guile code
directly by calling Guile C-functions, some via C++ wrap I wrote. The
expressions are not evaluated until after the construction, just as
when one enter expressions in the Guile interpreter, which gives
greater flexibility.

So I am not limited by any syntax, only the Guile semantics, which is
more general than that of Scheme, in view of that one by calling C-
functions, one can build things that not possible in Scheme proper. By
writing out the expression before evaluation, I get a Guile code
expression.

I think I may be able to solve the original problem. I am now thinking
by making functions that are called as (f (x y) z), where some
arguments are lists, which correspond to Haskell
   f (1, 2) 3 where f (x, y) z = x + y + z
   --> 6