unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Guile and Atom or XMPP
@ 2010-07-27 23:26 Mike Gran
From: Mike Gran @ 2010-07-27 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guile User

Hi-

Are there libraries about that would allow Guile to interact with the Atom
Syndication Format and with XMPP.  Google reveals nothing, as far as I can tell.

I'm thinking about moving a website project to my own home box, so I could run
alternative programs like Guile instead of just the LAMP stack my hosting
provider allows.

Thanks,

Mike Gran

* Re: Guile and Atom or XMPP
@ 2010-07-28  8:02 ` Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2010-07-28  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Gran; +Cc: Guile User

() Mike Gran <spk121@yahoo.com>
() Tue, 27 Jul 2010 16:26:10 -0700 (PDT)

   Are there libraries about that would allow Guile to interact
   with the Atom Syndication Format

I use ttn-do program format-atom-feed for output:
http://www.gnuvola.org/software/ttn-do/ttn-do.html.gz#format_002datom_002dfeed

Here is its primary artifact, for example:
http://www.gnuvola.org/NEWS.atom

For input, some wrapping of xml2sexp is probably indicated:
http://www.gnuvola.org/software/ttn-do/ttn-do.html.gz#xml2sexp

That said, ttn-do has not yet made the slog to Guile 2.x, though 2010 wanes...

* Re: Guile and Atom or XMPP
@ 2010-07-28 17:24   ` Mike Gran
From: Mike Gran @ 2010-07-28 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thien-Thi Nguyen; +Cc: Guile User

> From: Thien-Thi Nguyen ttn@gnuvola.org

>   Are there libraries about that would allow Guile to interact
>   with the Atom Syndication Format
>
> I use ttn-do program format-atom-feed for output:
> http://www.gnuvola.org/software/ttn-do/ttn-do.html.gz#format_002datom_002dfeed

Sweet.  I'll check it out.

Thanks,

-Mike Gran

* Re: Guile and Atom or XMPP
@ 2010-08-15 22:44 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2010-08-15 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Hi Mike!

Presumably bits of (sxml simple) and (sxml match) would quickly allow
you to parse Atom, XMPP, and the likes.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

* Re: Guile and Atom or XMPP
@ 2010-08-18 15:33 ` Andy Wingo
From: Andy Wingo @ 2010-08-18 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Gran; +Cc: Guile User

On Tue 27 Jul 2010 16:26, Mike Gran <spk121@yahoo.com> writes:

> Are there libraries about that would allow Guile to interact with the Atom
> Syndication Format and with XMPP.  Google reveals nothing, as far as I
> can tell.

It's not a parser, but for emitting atom it's easy enough to do it in
straight-up sxml. Tekuti has an example at the end of tekuti/page.scm
and related helpers there; see http://gitorious.org/tekuti.

Cheers,

Andy
--