unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Re: About WAV file read in Guile
@ 2005-01-22 19:47 ` Andreas Rottmann
From: Andreas Rottmann @ 2005-01-22 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Quan Sun <cfk@seu.edu.cn> writes:

> Hi all, These days I worked on a program which needs to read WAV
> file out, and store the data to a list and then can be processed.

What do you want to do with the data? I think that you won't be happy
with Guile's performance if you want to write e.g. an mp3 encoder in
it ;)

Regards, Rotty
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Rotty@ICQ      | 118634484@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at

Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

* About WAV file read in Guile
@ 2005-01-22 21:53 Quan Sun
From: Quan Sun @ 2005-01-22 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,
These days I worked on a program which needs to read WAV file out, and store the data to a list and then can be processed.
I have looked for an wave-file op lib for some a long time, and without finding any intresting solution. Does anyone know be there a method to read WAV file in Guile?
Sorry to bother, thank you.

/----------------------------------------\
|If anybody speaks of SEU,|Quan Sun(cfk) |
|it certainly not me.     |cfk@seu.edu.cn|
|-------------------------+SMS13914719457|
\----------------------------------------/

* Re: About WAV file read in Guile
@ 2005-01-23 10:41   ` Quan Sun
From: Quan Sun @ 2005-01-23 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-user

From: Andreas Rottmann <a.rottmann@gmx.at>
Subject: Re: About WAV file read in Guile
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 20:47:40 +0100

> Quan Sun <cfk@seu.edu.cn> writes:
>
> > Hi all, These days I worked on a program which needs to read WAV
> > file out, and store the data to a list and then can be processed.
> >
> What do you want to do with the data? I think that you won't be happy
Obviously I won't write an mp3 encoder/decoder in Guile:-D
I just want to analys a sample of sound less than 10 seconds. I don't
think the data will big enough to affect Guile's performance.
> with Guile's performance if you want to write e.g. an mp3 encoder in
> it ;)
>
> Regards, Rotty
> --
> Andreas Rottmann         | Rotty@ICQ      | 118634484@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at
> http://yi.org/rotty      | GnuPG Key: http://yi.org/rotty/gpg.asc
> Fingerprint              | DFB4 4EB4 78A4 5EEE 6219  F228 F92F CFC5 01FD 5B62
>
> Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

Yesterday night I worked hard and build up an original version of .WAV
file reader in Guile.
Regards, Quan

/----------------------------------------\
|If anybody speaks of SEU,|Quan Sun(cfk) |
|it certainly not me.     |cfk@seu.edu.cn|
|-------------------------+SMS13914719457|
\----------------------------------------/>

* Re: About WAV file read in Guile
@ 2005-01-24 11:44 ` Bill Schottstaedt
From: Bill Schottstaedt @ 2005-01-24 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-user

 > Does anyone know be there a method to read WAV file in Guile?

sndlib at ftp://ccrma-ftp.stanford.edu/pub/Lisp/sndlib.tar.gz

or the sound editor based on it (Snd, also at ccrma-ftp).

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/software/snd/

* Re: About WAV file read in Guile
       [not found] <cmu-lmtpd-22551-1106402097-0@mail-imap5.uio.no>
@ 2005-01-24 13:08 ` Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen
From: Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen @ 2005-01-24 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Quan Sun:
> Hi all,
> These days I worked on a program which needs to read WAV file out, and store the data to a list and then can be processed.
> I have looked for an wave-file op lib for some a long time, and without finding any intresting solution. Does anyone know be there a method to read WAV file in Guile?

Yes, SND has all you need:
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/software/snd/
It can be used as a library as well, at least sndlib.

* Re: About WAV file read in Guile
@ 2005-01-24 19:14   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2005-01-24 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-user

Hi,

Today, 6 hours, 2 minutes, 50 seconds ago, Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen wrote:
> Yes, SND has all you need:
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/software/snd/
> It can be used as a library as well, at least sndlib.

GStreamer [1] could do it as well and it has Guile bindings [2].  And it
can do much more than play wav files, and it has a very clean and
flexible design.  :-)

Thanks,
Ludovic.

[1] http://gstreamer.net