unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* ncurses and svgalib bindings
@ 2002-12-31  0:58 Peter Santoro
From: Peter Santoro @ 2002-12-31  0:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Where can I find scheme bindings for ncurses (linux and/or freebsd) and
svgalib (linux)?

If they are not available, I may be willing to write them.  Before going
down this path, are there any problems in scheme that would make this
difficult or impossible to do?

Peter

* Re: ncurses and svgalib bindings
@ 2002-12-31 12:29 ` Christopher Cramer
From: Christopher Cramer @ 2002-12-31 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-user

On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 07:58:06PM -0500, Peter Santoro wrote:
> Where can I find scheme bindings for ncurses (linux and/or freebsd) and
> svgalib (linux)?

I don't know about svgalib, but I wrote a guile-ncurses a while ago,
it's at:
http://www.pyro.net/~crayc/guile-ncurses.tar.gz.
There's another one developed independently at:
ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/devel/lang/guile-ncurses-0.1.0.tar.gz.

Mine isn't updated for 1.6 yet (I have a version updated for 1.6.0
lying around somewhere; I'll put it up sooner or later). I guess the
major difference between the two is that the other one is done with SWIG
(which means GC is sort of screwed up, but I'm told that will be fixed
in the future).

> If they are not available, I may be willing to write them.  Before going
> down this path, are there any problems in scheme that would make this
> difficult or impossible to do?

No. Interfacing with C is pretty easy with Guile.

--
Christopher Cramer <crayc@pyro.net> <http://www.pyro.net/~crayc/>
"All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the