unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* [ANN] Guile-DRMAA 0.1.0
@ 2021-04-28  9:39 Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2021-04-28  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Hi there,

I’m writing this to unceremoniously announce the first release
(0.1.0) of Guile DRMAA.  Guile DRMAA provides Guile bindings to
version 1 of the DRMAA library, a library to interact with
different HPC schedulers.  It uses Matt Wette’s most excellent FFI
helper; thank you!

Here’s the code:

    https://git.elephly.net/software/guile-drmaa.git

(You cannot *yet* get it through Guix, because there appears to be
a regression in the excellent FFI helper included in nyacc
versions later than 1.03.0.  A guix.scm file is included in the
git repository that builds a slightly older version of nyacc.)

--
Ricardo

* Re: [ANN] Guile-DRMAA 0.1.0
@ 2021-04-29  1:34 ` Matt Wette
From: Matt Wette @ 2021-04-29  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

On 4/28/21 2:39 AM, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I’m writing this to unceremoniously announce the first release (0.1.0)
> of Guile DRMAA.  Guile DRMAA provides Guile bindings to version 1 of
> the DRMAA library, a library to interact with different HPC
> schedulers.  It uses Matt Wette’s most excellent FFI helper; thank you!
>
> Here’s the code:
>
>    https://git.elephly.net/software/guile-drmaa.git
>
> (You cannot *yet* get it through Guix, because there appears to be a
> regression in the excellent FFI helper included in nyacc versions
> later than 1.03.0.  A guix.scm file is included in the git repository
> that builds a slightly older version of nyacc.)

Sorry about the issues with nyacc.  As part of my test I compile-ffi
glib and that beast
has been really testing my C preprocessor capability.  Please register a
bug report.

* Re: [ANN] Guile-DRMAA 0.1.0
@ 2021-04-29  6:05   ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2021-04-29  6:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Wette; +Cc: guile-user

Matt Wette <matt.wette@gmail.com> writes:

>> (You cannot *yet* get it through Guix, because there appears to
>> be a
>> regression in the excellent FFI helper included in nyacc
>> versions
>> later than 1.03.0.  A guix.scm file is included in the git
>> repository that builds a slightly older version of nyacc.)
>>
> Sorry about the issues with nyacc.  As part of my test I
> compile-ffi
> glib and that beast
> has been really testing my C preprocessor capability.  Please
> register
> a bug report.

It’s quite likely I’m doing something silly due to the fact that
the DRMAA library isn’t available at build time.  Here’s my bug
report:

    https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?60474

Thank you!

--