unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* re-writing algorithms in Guile
@ 2021-06-28 21:38 Tim Meehan
From: Tim Meehan @ 2021-06-28 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Say for instance, I have found an algorithm for scalar function
minimization on a website, written in C. It is posted with a license for
use. If I write something based on this hypothetical code, is it then
clearly also licensed in the same manner?

Granted, I know that this is guile-user and not guile-lawyer, but in many
cases the transformation from procedural to functional is kind of a radical
re-imagining. I usually try to contact the people and ask them directly,
but was wondering what was the general consensus in cases where the
original author did not answer?