On 06-08-2022 17:11, Olivier Dion via General Guile related discussions wrote: > Hi, > > Say I want to use guile-dbi wich use Guile 2.2. Is there any danger for > me to use it with Guile 3.0? I see that Guile will recompile the module > because the already compiled one does not match, I guess. Other than > that, any side effects? > > Regards, > old > Going by the package definition, guile-dbd-postgresql seems to make a Guile extension (C). There have been incompatible changes (both on the Guile code level, and presumably on the C level). As such, sounds risky to me. Also, for whatever reason, guile-dbi propagates an old guile, so you'll get a propagation conflict without guarantees on which Guile version ‘wins’. Greetings, Maxime.