Hi Florian, > Yes, they had not worked previously, and now with your long-name fix, > they work. Fwiw, they actually worked fine till day one till 2024-09-04, the day i pushed this commit a3952000ae205c27573ab0eaf2176131b51e34cf, that 'broke' them ... But i am glad you confirm everything is fine now, thanks. > > all of a sudden it stops and raises an exception - could you also > > try that and let me know, thanks > Yes, after 5 minutes animated-paintable.scm crashes. Hmm. Ok, thanks for trying - This is going to be quite a lot more complex to debug and fix, and i may need the help of some guile/goops guru ... > .. > oop/goops.scm:1585:2: No applicable method for #< !callback > (2)> in call (!callback # system/vm/frame.scm:134:22 (target)>) The error actually varies on to what 'corrupt' the instance upon which the !callback accesor is being run, but it is always a !callback accesor call that triggers the error >... > Yes, but still it is much better that I can now soon rewrite my > trivial Kodi launcher to use g-golf instead of C. Having to > use a virtual machine meant I could not reasonably put g-golf to use > there. Ofc - It is a relief for all Guix users that the GNOME team finally fixed the GLib/GObject/GI/GdkPixbuf packages so that G-Golf (and other GI lang binding for that matter) work(s) 'out of the box': Could you post a mini guide with the steps a guix user would have to do, till guix is released, to get this 'proper GI' env for g-golf? then i can point to the link in #guile and #guix when that applies; And till g-golf is released and updated in guix, the steps they have to do to locally build and install the latest g-golf Many thanks! Let me know if you need help for your Kodi project, and keep us informed ... when you have a link to where the code is, share with us ... David