Hi Aleix, > The Makefile.am refers to FFI_CFLAGS and FFI_CFLAGS FFI_LIBS, but I > don't see any reference to them and there's no PKG_CHECK_MODULES or > anything that could define those in configure.ac or any m4 macro. > Adding PKG_CHECK_MODULES line solved the issue: > PKG_CHECK_MODULES(FFI, libffi >= 3.3.0) Wow, well spotted Aleix! The thing is, the bug never ever triggered here, not even once (in quite a few 'build checks', in between these changes and the two next releases: I can't explain why, just that I am using gcc and, maybe, an unexpected(unwilling) behavior ... i would be nice to find out, if anyone has an idea ... please enlighten me :), thanks. I just pushed your proposed fix to the devel branch. Thanks Aleix, David