Hi Michele, > Thank you so much, it works perfectly now! Great. I have to correct what I said, about how/when(or when not) one can create a GObject (sub)class instance calling (make #:prop-name prop-value ...) [ which internally calls g_object_new_with_properties ... In this particular situation, the property exists since 4.10, but most distributions still have 4.8.xx ... As soon as you have access to gtk 4.10 or later, you may revert your code to use the prefered scheme idiomatic way (make #:strings '("one" "two" "three" "four")) Forget about what I wrote about the prop flags, 'Construct-only' ... when the property exists, you may always (and should) use instance creation mechanism: (make #:prop-name prop-value ...) Cheers, David