unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* What do you use to make HTTP requests?
@ 2022-08-10  8:40 James Crake-Merani
From: James Crake-Merani @ 2022-08-10  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Hi,

I'm just curious as to which library people prefer. I know Guile comes with its web libraries that let you make HTTP requests, but I'm also aware that libcurl has bindings for Guile. Do you prefer the former, or the latter? Or are there any other libraries that do HTTP requests that I've not heard of?

Thanks.

* Re: [EXT] What do you use to make HTTP requests?
@ 2022-08-10 13:23 ` Thompson, David
From: Thompson, David @ 2022-08-10 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Crake-Merani; +Cc: Guile User

Hi James,

For whatever it's worth, I prefer Guile's built-in web modules, especially
now that they can handle https.

- Dave

@ 2022-08-10 17:18   ` Aleix Conchillo Flaqué
From: Aleix Conchillo Flaqué @ 2022-08-10 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thompson, David; +Cc: James Crake-Merani, Guile User

Same, also to not have to add an additional dependency.

A bit offtopic, but in guile-oauth someone suggested to pass an http
request procedure to one of the functions (use guile's http-request by
default) so internally guile-oauth would use whatever the user passed, if
anything. I think that's a good and flexible idea if you build libraries.

Aleix