unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
From: James Crake-Merani <james@jamescm.co.uk>
To: Sai Karthik <kskarthik@disroot.org>
Cc: guile-user@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Option to create statically linked binaries
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 19:27:49 +0000	[thread overview]

On 21/12/29 10:59pm, Sai Karthik wrote:
> Hello everyone! I'm new to guile. I am exploring the language since a couple
> of days. It would be nice to have option to produce such binaries for
> programs built using guile (like with golang & some more langs).
>
> Was this topic already discussed here before? Interested to know about your
> thoughts.
>
> --
> https://kskarthik.gitlab.io/

Hi,

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say 'such binaries'. Are you referring to Guile bytecode? If so, you can use the following command:

guild compile your-code.scm

But unless I'm mistaken, Guile does this automatically.

In any case, please let us know what you mean as it'll make it easier for us to help you. I'll link this manual page on the subject below in case its of any use to you.

https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Compilation.html

(Apologies if you recieved this email twice; I accidentally sent it to just you instead of the whole list)