unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* A Web client with cache for guile!
@ 2021-02-21 21:40 Vivien Kraus via General Guile related discussions
From: Vivien Kraus via General Guile related discussions @ 2021-02-21 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Dear guilers,

With the help of promises and futures, I was able to write a small
caching web client for guile.

https://web-client-with-cache.planete-kraus.eu/

This is one step on my journey to write a Solid server for guile. Solid
uses a decentralized authentication protocol (
https://solid.github.io/authentication-panel/solid-oidc/) which needs
servers and identity providers to cache different types of files, such
as openid configurations and the web profile of users and applications.
The authentication protocol can be compared to the HTTP signatures used
by Activitypub servers, except that Solid webid-oidc can work directly
from a web browser.  Solid servers themselves are required to provide
web ETags for all the resources they manage, so a good client cache
should understand Cache-Control headers (often used for offline caching
of openid configurations) as well as the ETags.

Because of the recent announce of the guile potluck on this list,
combined with the recent release of guile-oauth, I thought there could
be some shared interest for this subject.

Best regards,

Vivien

* Re: A Web client with cache for guile!
@ 2021-02-22  8:31 ` tomas
From: tomas @ 2021-02-22  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vivien Kraus; +Cc: guile-user