unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* [ANN] guile-gi v0.3.1 released
       [not found] <20210103121915.GA1055927.ref@spikycactus.com>
@ 2021-01-03 12:19 ` Mike Gran
From: Mike Gran @ 2021-01-03 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

On behalf of the Guile-GI team, I am pleased to announce the release
of Guile-GI v0.3.1.

This library hopes to make GTK and WebKit available to Guile.

guile-gi is a library that generators GNU Guile bindings for
GObject libraries that provide typelib files.  GObject is a standard
way of writing C-language libraries with headers and introspection
information.  Typelib files are GObject's standard way to provide that
introspection information.  Among the GObject libraries are GTK3 and
WebKitGTK2, two popular GUI libraries.

Guile-GI is of beta quality.  Its API is stabilizing, but is not
stable.

The NEWS
 - Marshall GValues containing pointers
 - Add compatibility functions for guile-cairo
 - Marshall GValues containing boxed types
 - Handle in/out GClosures (#82, #83)
 - Allow the return of multiple values from signal handlers
 - Fix errors associated with defining properties of GObject or GInterface
   classes
 - Fix crash caused by passing NULL values to GClosures (#102)
 - Improve handling of the loading of shared libraries, reducing the
   incidence of problems caused when guile-gi loads a different GLib
   or GObject version than the one a dlopened library may depend on
 - Handle some GInterface types
 - Marshall arrays of GTypes
 - Add a workaround for 'make check' failures in Guix environments

 Thanks to assistance and reporting by
 - Danny <daym>
 - Detlev Zundel <laodzu>
 - Danny O'Brien <dannyob>
 - Arun Isaac <arunisaac>

A tarball can be downloaded
  http://lonelycactus.com/tarball/guile_gi-0.3.1.tar.gz
  MD5 aee7a0cc9e79f2079f20d3c4b138ee88  guile_gi-0.3.1.tar.gz
The repository and bug tracker can be found at
  https://github.com/spk121/guile-gi

If you're uncomfortable using the github bug tracker, you can always
e-mail me directly.

To read about what this library is supposed to do, check out
  https://spk121.github.io/guile-gi/The-Concept-of-Operations.html
Regards,
Mike Gran

* Re: [ANN] guile-gi v0.3.1 released
@ 2021-01-05 13:27   ` Vladimir Zhbanov
From: Vladimir Zhbanov @ 2021-01-05 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

On Sun, Jan 03, 2021 at 04:19:15AM -0800, Mike Gran wrote:
> On behalf of the Guile-GI team, I am pleased to announce the release
> of Guile-GI v0.3.1.
>
> This library hopes to make GTK and WebKit available to Guile.

Are there some projects using the library you would recommend to
look at?  IIUC, your team devs do their own projects using it.  I
appreciate the work on the project very much and would want to use
it some day (many blocks in the code of our project just now).

Anyways, thank you and thanks to all the team devs for your nice
work!

--
  Vladimir

(λ)επτόν EDA — https://github.com/lepton-eda