On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 08:00:15PM -0700, Matt Wette wrote: Hey, and thanks for your quick response! > On 7/10/20 1:37 PM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote: > >Hi, > > > >I'm having some fun with NYACC (thanks, Matt!). > > > >To help debugging things and for errors and warnings, it'd be nice > >to "know" where the current LHS non-terminal starts in the source. [...] > I assume you mean providing source location information to the > values (i.e, $1, etc). Yes, basically. I was just looking from the other end of the rule (and pictured having a "special symbol" like $loc giving the "start point" of the curent LHS). Both would be equivalent, I think. > I've thought about that a few times but have > not arrived at anything intelligent.  Maybe using object properties > (see sec 6.11 in Guile Ref) in the lexical analyzer, as you mention. I didn't think of that -- it feels pretty "side-channel-y" at first, but perhaps it's an elegant solution, after all. Cheers -- t