On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 12:07:07AM +0200, Zelphir Kaltstahl wrote: > > On 3/29/20 5:11 PM, Matt Wette wrote: > > Hi All, > > > > I'm not sure if you know about this, but there is a discrepancy in the > > way some folks define macros to use unquote (aka ,).   For example, [pmatch vs. match] > I'm not sure where I first read about pmatch doing the quasiquote > internally automatically and I of course had already forgotten about it, [...] I didn't even know about `pmatch'. Is it supposed to be equivalent to `match' (except that outer quasiquote, that is)? With the caveat that I don't have much of a stylistic feeling for Scheme, I'd clearly prefer `match': the writer has the choice of quote or quasiquote, as appropriate to the case -- and the reader sees what's going on (after all, quote and quasiquote are "low weight" primitives: everyone more or less knows what they do. But perhaps I misunderstood what you're after? Cheers -- tomás