unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Re: Files missing in the release package
       [not found] <ecc78be6-089f-74f8-4872-4c698c9aa6ab@gmail.com>
@ 2018-11-25 17:00 ` David Pirotte
From: David Pirotte @ 2018-11-25 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tommi Höynälänmaa; +Cc: wingo, guile-user, Thorsten Alteholz

Hi Tommi,

	Please send these messages to guile-user, which is the recommended email
	address for guile-cairo

> The package guile-cairo-1.1.10 in the release area is missing file
> build-aux/git-version-gen. Consequently autoreconf doesn't work and a
> Debian package can't be build. When I do git clone for the code the file
> is downloaded OK. File gitlog-to-changelog is missing from the release
> package, too, but I'm not sure if it is needed.

I see Daniel did change the configure.ac AC_INIT call, so the version string is
computed ... which is permitted [1].  You see, the problem here is you are not
supposed t rerun ./autogen.sh when you install using a tarball

This said, I know Debian asks (for license checks if I remember correctly), that
Debian maintainers do rerun 'autoreconf -vif':

	I suggest you manually change this AC_INIT call, and replace the m4_esyscmd
	by the version you are releasing, in this case 1.10.0

	[ not that this is version 1.10.0	(not 1.1.10)

Daniel,

I see you also manually added AC_SUBST(VERSION, 1.10.0) (line 40), I think this
not necessary and redundant?

David

[1]

https://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.67/html_node/Initializing-configure.html