Hi Tommi, Please send these messages to guile-user, which is the recommended email address for guile-cairo > The package guile-cairo-1.1.10 in the release area is missing file > build-aux/git-version-gen. Consequently autoreconf doesn't work and a > Debian package can't be build. When I do git clone for the code the file > is downloaded OK. File gitlog-to-changelog is missing from the release > package, too, but I'm not sure if it is needed. I see Daniel did change the configure.ac AC_INIT call, so the version string is computed ... which is permitted [1]. You see, the problem here is you are not supposed t rerun ./autogen.sh when you install using a tarball This said, I know Debian asks (for license checks if I remember correctly), that Debian maintainers do rerun 'autoreconf -vif': I suggest you manually change this AC_INIT call, and replace the m4_esyscmd by the version you are releasing, in this case 1.10.0 [ not that this is version 1.10.0 (not 1.1.10) Daniel, I see you also manually added AC_SUBST(VERSION, 1.10.0) (line 40), I think this not necessary and redundant? David [1] https://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.67/html_node/Initializing-configure.html