On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 08:23:50AM -0500, Thompson, David wrote: > Hey everyone! > > On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 4:16 AM, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > > Hi! > > > > "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" skribis: > > > >> I want to ask for your thoughts on my new solution since translations > >> are probably important to many Haunt users. In particular, I believe > >> there was some discussion on Website translation on the Guile or Guix > >> lists as well. > > > > I’d love those sites to support translation! If we could integrate your > > solution as a Haunt extension or something, that’d be great. > > I agree! Thanks to everyone that is working on this. I would love to > include translation support in Haunt but I'm completely clueless about > the right way to do things, so I'd be happy to receive some patches > that implement it nicely. :) > > Thanks again! > > - Dave > I would be really glad to see this upstream. I will take a look at how to integrate ffi-helper in the build system and then send patches with my approach, unless you dislike the syntax. Currently there is a need to always pass the current-lingua to all procedures because that is what my gettext syntax (_ "Hello") reads the locale from. I’m not sure, maybe this is the right approach to explicitly pass it to each procedure, but maybe something like how G-expressions wrap the store is better, but I have not fully understood or even really looked at G-expressions yet. We can discuss the syntax later though when I have working patches. Regards, Florian