Hello, > IMHO it would not violate opaqueness if you could find out (runtime) > which wct class a wcp value belongs to. 'opaque' is just a name, there is no 'properties' such that one could 'violate' (or not) an opaque type: these are just 'opaque' pointers, g-wrap pointers to a C values, and these values, in the case of pango attributes, must be created using their corresponding interface, as I wrote in my previus answer... What you want to achieve wrt (gnome pango), in the current situation, is simply impossible. To achieve that, you would need to 'manually' wrap pango attribute class and subclasses ... something I'm not going to work on, sorry (and and I really would not spend any time on this if I were you ... my 2c) David