unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Status of gnome-guile (again)
@ 2013-12-30 12:16 msematman
From: msematman @ 2013-12-30 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Hi,

I've pulled the most recent image of gnome-guile-platform from savannah,

git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/guile-gnome.git
guile-gnome-platform

built it (at first glance, successfully) , but running gtk demos from
directory guile-gnome-platform/gtk/examples/guile-gtk-demo
fails. Among the backtrace lines, one can read that the module  (gnome
gtk) is missing.

Looking into what I thought the module directory should be (on my
system, this is /opt/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/)  reveals there is no
such module defined.

Any hints?

Cheers
--

  msematman@myopera.com

* Re: Status of gnome-guile (again)
@ 2014-01-24 16:19 ` David Pirotte
From: David Pirotte @ 2014-01-24 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: msematman; +Cc: guile-user

Hi,

> Looking into what I thought the module directory should be (on my
> system, this is /opt/share/guile-gnome-2/gnome/)  reveals there is no
> such module defined.

probably because it didn't build and/or install correctly. did you build/install the
required versions of both g-wrap and guile-cairo _before_ guile-gnome-2?

maybe you're missing some dependencies: somewhere in the config.log, it tells you
what wrappers it will build, mine was like this [all wrappers]

	All available wrappers will be built:
	  atk cairo corba gconf glib gnome-vfs gtk libglade libgnome libgnomecanvas libgnomeui pango

Cheers,
David