unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Kisê 0.9.3 released
@ 2013-01-21  3:53 David Pirotte
       [not found] ` <20130121041837.GA25388@nonzen.in>
From: David Pirotte @ 2013-01-21  3:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user, guile-gtk

Hello all,

I pleased to announce the release of Kisê version 0.9.3

Happy hacking,
David

( get it here )

	http://www.altosw.be/kise/releases/kise-0.9.3.tar.gz

( website )

	http://www.altosw.be/kise

( about )

Kisê is a small and easy to use time keeping application.

It can be used in a single user mode or by small organizations. The fields it
handles are: a date, who, for whom, what, a duration, whether or not to be charged
and a description.

It includes, on the main application screen, a powerful dynamic filters criteria
mechanism, which lets you visualize, work on and print a subset of your time keeping
entries.

A printing templates system allows you to (pre)define, reuse and hence quickly
generate the pdf files and/or printed reports of your needs.

An export/import facility is under work for remote collaboration.

( changes )

Kisê version 0.9.3 is out! This is essentially a known bugs fixed release. (a) The
combination of a date and one or several text filter criteria, one of them at least
using one of the & | ! [and, or, not] operator was not returning the proper subset
of entries. we believe it has been fixed, but further tests and feedback are more
then welcome!. (b) Since version 0.9.2 Kisê's user configuration file
[~/.config/kise.conf] keeps track of its main window's position, but this revealed a
bug in the writing procedure, leading to Kisê asking which database it should use,
even when the user did check the 'please reuse this database for future sessions'
option of the open database dialog: very annoying, sorry for the inconvenience, it
has been solved as well. (c) In a very specific situation, we believe no users has
faced it, the database name displayed aside the 'List of entries' frame title would
be incorrect. (d) Other then these 2 important and 1 minor bugs fixed, Kisê's user
configuration file now also keeps track of its main window's size.

* Re: Kisê 0.9.3 released
       [not found]     ` <20130121064050.GA1854@nonzen.in>
@ 2013-01-21 17:48       ` David Pirotte
From: David Pirotte @ 2013-01-21 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user, guile-gtk; +Cc: Sajith T S

Hello Sajit,

	please allow me to re-route this conversation to guile-user and
	guile-gtk-general, since the problem you are facing is a lack of an
	up-to-date set of packages for the latest guile-gnome-platform version on
	debian [see my explanation in the previous mail and here below]. i am not
	saying it is a guile-gnome-platform developer/maintainer problem, it is not,
	but it helps raising the question of packages on debian [and other
	distros]...

Le Mon, 21 Jan 2013 01:40:50 -0500,
Sajith T S <sajith@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hello David,
>
> David Pirotte <david@altosw.be> wrote:
>
> > > What would be the dependencies on a Debian system?
> >
> > dependencies are listed here: http://www.altosw.be/kise/download.html.  please
> > double check guile's version and guile-gnome's version you have: it will not work
> > with guile-gnome 2.16.1-4 [the latest debian package if i am not mistaking]
>
> On Debian there's guile-gnome2-gnome and guile-gnome2-gnome-ui.  I
> have installed both, but I guess it would be useful to know exactly
> which package to install.

Yes, unfortunately, as I said in my previous answer, and as it is stated on the
'Quickstart' section of Kisê's download web-page, it will _not_ run with
guile-gnome-platform prior to 2.16.2. Unfortunately, it is also very unlikely that
guile-gnome-platform will get to this version on debian, see:

	http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/guile-gnome-platform/news/20120804T163916Z.html

So, you'll have to install the latest from the tarball: it is not that difficult and
I am sure some guilers, including myself of course can help you:

	https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-gtk-general/2012-05/msg00007.html

If you wish, for that matter, I regularly appear on freenode, channel #guile [see
http://www.altosw.be/kise/contact.html]

> > >     $ ./kise
> > >     ERROR: no code for module (system locale)
> >
> > it seems you forgot one of the steps described on the download page as well:
> >
> > 	export GUILE_LOAD_PATH=/opt/nongnu:/opt/nongnu/common
> >
> > 	[ assuming you installed in /opt/nongnu of course ...]
>
> Did exactly that, and now there's this new error:
>
>     $ ./kise
>     ERROR: Unbound variable: eval-when

Yes, this is because ./kise actually runs guile-gnome-2, and the version you are
running [from the debian packages] actually runs guile-1.8:

	 Kisê requires guile >= 2.0.5

> > there are 3 screenshots on http://www.altosw.be/kise/screenshots.html ( once you
> > are on this page, click on the numbers that appear below the menu items ...to
> > load the shots... )
>
> Ah, I see!  That didn't look so obvious to me.  (And the images look
> stretched on a 1920x1080 monitor, when the browser is expanded.)
> Maybe the page deserves a redesign?

I don't know, maybe :)

Cheers,
David