unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Customize loading
@ 2005-10-08 13:52 Joris van der Hoeven
From: Joris van der Hoeven @ 2005-10-08 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have written my own code to load files using a disk cache.
How can I tell guile that it should load all files and modules
using my code instead of the standard routines?

Best wishes, Joris

* Re: Customize loading
@ 2005-10-10 15:16 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2005-10-10 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-user

Hi,

Joris van der Hoeven <vdhoeven@texmacs.org> writes:

> I have written my own code to load files using a disk cache.
> How can I tell guile that it should load all files and modules
> using my code instead of the standard routines?

By overriding `primitive-load':

  (set! primitive-load (lambda (filename) ...))

Hope this helps,
Ludovic.

* Re: Customize loading
@ 2005-10-10 16:31   ` Joris van der Hoeven
From: Joris van der Hoeven @ 2005-10-10 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 05:16:10PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Joris van der Hoeven <vdhoeven@texmacs.org> writes:
> > I have written my own code to load files using a disk cache.
> > How can I tell guile that it should load all files and modules
> > using my code instead of the standard routines?
>
> By overriding `primitive-load':
>
>   (set! primitive-load (lambda (filename) ...))
>
> Hope this helps,

Cool, yes. I tried to redefine primitive-load, but I should have
used set! ;^) The same trick seems to work for %search-load-path now.

Thanks, Joris